The Khyber Institute of Child Health is the academic wing of twin phase project, while the children hospital 300 bedded is to be completed in 2018 as phase-II. This hospital will be a super-sub specialties hospital in clinical pediatrics.
The Institute provides the following facilities to public, under graduate, post graduate, doctors, nurses and paramedics. It also assists the Govt. of KP in planning health policies, plying advocacy role as front-line in child health.
- A provincial database on Paediatric morbidity and mortality
- A research and monitoring center
- A public Health Education Department including FM radio station
- A Media Centre on Child health and Development
- A Reference-cum-digital Library
- Conference Rooms
- Symposia Halls
- Class / tutorial rooms
- Administrative offices
- Research Laboratories
- Screening Programs for the Prevention Beta Thalassemia , congenital hypothyroidism and common metabolic disorders (PKU) and Galactosemia.