What We do
I have the honor to state that Khyber Institute of Child Health is a pioneer project in the field of child health in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Beside short trainings on Newborn Care and Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses it offer degree programs like BSc Nursing and MSc Community Pediatrics. Institute has been decleared as Teaching Institute by the honorable Board of Governers Hayatabad Medical Complex. Khyber Institute of Child Health is affiliated with KMU (Khyber Medical University) for its degree programmes.
The 2nd part is our PSDP project is 250 beded hospital name “ Bashir Bilour Memorial Children Hospital”, which was approved by ECNIC at a total cost of Rs. 2209.296 million, which include Capital Cost Rs. 1064.825 million & Revenue cost Rs. 1144.47 million. The scheme is a PSDP project and in meeting of the Council of Common Interest held on 28-04-2012, it was decided that funding for the implementation of President’s / Prime Minister’s directives shall continue to be made by the Federal Government.
- The KICH envisages providing the following services.
- Teaching and training facilities for all cadres of health professionals in the field of child health
- A provincial data base on pediatric morbidity and mortality.
- A pediatric research base to guide evidence based intervention for reducing pediatric morbidity and mortality in the province.
- A Public health education service for disease prevention, child nutrition, child protection, child rights and development.